Detroit Children’s Fund Leaders Institute
The Detroit Children’s Fund Leaders Institute trains aspiring school leaders and their team to transform schools in Detroit.
We recruit talented educators and prepare them, with their hand-selected selected teams, to lead change in a variety of school improvement contexts. In addition, we provide ongoing, post-training coaching and support to ensure school improvement efforts are successful beginning in year one.
Detroit Children’s Fund makes high-potential investments in schools and educators to ensure more Detroit children can receive a quality education in their hometown.
Better Schools. Greater Results. More Opportunities.
Leader’s Institute: What We Do
Leader’s Institute Residents are trained to lead change in various school improvement models.
- Learn personal & school leadership skills from experienced coaches with turnaround and new school design expertise
- Get on-the-ground experience in placement networks during residency
- Join a small cohort of like-minded future leaders
- Highly competitive salary and benefits during training and placement years
- Fully-funded administrative certification program, as needed
Who We’re Looking For
- A track record of positive results for students
- A clear vision for an engaging and rigorous culture of instruction
- A growth mindset and the ability to translate feedback into action
- A desire to take personal responsibility for every child’s success
- A sense of urgency and dissatisfaction with the status quo
Phase 1: Initial screening of resume and written response to short answer prompts
Phase 2: Individual interview
Phase 3: School visit (classroom visits, in-depth debriefs, principal meeting, etc.)
Phase 4: Panel Interview
Partner Interview Process: Admission into DCF Leaders Institute is contingent upon being hired by a partner organization
Leaders Institute Begins